WHO Implementation Research Resources
Here you will find training programs, platforms and resources from WHO on implementation science in certain fields and in general. These resources will provide you with key information on implementation science development through WHO.
TDR: Implementation Research Materials
“TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, is a global programme of scientific collaboration that helps facilitate, support and influence efforts to combat diseases of poverty. It is co-sponsored by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the World Bank and the World Health Organization (WHO).”
AHPSR: Implementation research platform
“The Alliance promotes the generation and use of health policy and systems research as a means to strengthen the health systems of LMICs.”
Implementation Research Platform (IRP) is one of the key institutional capacity strengthening initiatives of AHPSR. From 2010 to 2012, the IRP program has supported a total of 36 projects in over 21 countries.
Implementation Research in Health: A Practical Guide.
Peters, D. H., Tran, N. T., & Adam, T. (2013). Implementation research in health: a practical guide. World Health Organization.
A Guide to Implementation Research in the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases.
World Health Organization. (2016). A guide to implementation research in the prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases. World Health Organization.
License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO
Collaboration activities between WHO and the GACD e-Hub project team
- The e-Hub project principal investigator Prof Brian Oldenburg has also been the director of the WHO Collaborating Centre on Implementation Research for Prevention and Control of NCDs.
- The e-Hub project team and members of the GACD Research Network have provided technical assistance on implementation of programmes to WHO WPRO.
- The e-Hub project team and members of the GACD Research Network have provided technical assistance on implementation research taking place in Kenya, Nepal, Mongolia, and many other countries.
- The e-Hub project team are working with WHO EURO and WHO AFRO to develop training programmes on implementation science.
- WHPRO Implementation science chapter for WPRO for regional strategy.
We are very keen to receive your feedback on the e-Hub in order to improve it further for you and others in the future. Please click feedback and let us know your experience!
If you would like to provide more detailed feedback and user evaluation, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be in touch with you to organize a user testing session via Zoom.