WEEK 4 (23-27 May 2022)
Context and strategies for scale up
After completing Week 4, participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of, and different approaches to assessing, context in implementing health interventions at scale.
- Describe different strategies for implementing health interventions at scale and adapt strategies based on context.
Self-guided preparatory work
4A. Context for interventions at scale
4B. Strategies for scaling up and out
4C. Case study: Strategies for scale up in South East Asia
4D. A systems approach to upscaling NCD programmes – reflections so far
Anusha Ramani Chander
Week 4 live plenary sessions
- Date and time: Tuesday 24 May 2022, 12:00 to 14:00 UTC
- Week 3 host: Lisa Hirschhorn
- Zoom link: TBC
|Chicago, USA||Buenos Aires, Argentina||London, UK||Nairobi, Kenya||New Delhi, India||Melbourne, Australia|
|Tuesday 24 May 2022||Tuesday 24 May 2022||Tuesday 24 May 2022||Tuesday 24 May 2022||Tuesday 24 May 2022||Tuesday 24 May 2022|
|07:00 CDT (UTC -5)||09:00 ART (UTC-3)||13:00 BST (UTC +1)||15:00 EAT (UTC +3)||17:30 IST (UTC +5.5)||22:00 AEST (UTC +10)|
Reminder: Timings are given in UTC (Universal Coordinated Time). We strongly advise you to double check your local time via http://www.timeanddate.com
Week 4 group session
Date and time: Thursday 26 May 2022, variable times
- Group A: 07:00 UTC | Asia and Western Pacific | Zoom link
- Group B: 13:00 UTC | Europe and Africa | Zoom link
- Group C: 23:00 UTC | The Americas | Zoom link
Teams should prepare their final presentation, as per the guidance provided and based on their learning over the past four weeks (deadline: Week 5 plenary session)
- The interaction between implementation research and scale up
- Scaling up versus scaling out
- Ethical considerations
- Stakeholder engagement
- Theories, models, and frameworks
- Context and strategies
- Each team should be ready to present their developed project concept during the Week 5 plenary session.
Reminder of the team presentation guidance
During the Week 5 plenary session, each team will:
- Present their developed project concept (five minutes).
- Take questions, comments, and initial feedback from the audience (two minutes).
- Guidance for the presentation:
- Five minutes in duration.
- Both members of the team should participate in delivering the presentation.
- Five slides maximum.
- Teams do not have to submit accompanying slides in advance.
The audience will be asked to complete a short peer review evaluation regarding the project concept presentation. This feedback will be shared with teams as soon as possible after the Masterclass.
The peer review form will ask about:
- One strength
- One area to work on
- Communication and delivery
- Your bottom line: should this project concept be taken forward?
- Your justification
For more information about GACD and relevant resources:
GACD projects: https://gacd.org/community/research-network/projects
We are keen to receive your feedback on the e-Hub to improve it further. We would appreciate you completing a short survey, available here.
If you would like to provide more detailed feedback, please contact us at email@example.com.